Thanks to modern dental technology, you can get a dental crown done in just one day at Saratoga Dentistry. The Cerec procedure for same day crowns can save a lot of time. Before scheduling your appointment with Dr. Daniel Araldi, here is what you need to know about the procedure.
Cerec Same Day Crowns
Traditional crown placement required at least two separate dental visits. During the first visit, Dr. Araldi would place a temporary crown to protect the tooth until the permanent crown could be made and placed. With the CEREC procedure, there is no need for a temporary crown, so the entire procedure can all be done in a single visit. There is no waiting for a dental laboratory to construct a tooth and there is no need for a second appointment. It can all be done in a single visit.
Same Day CEREC Crown Process
Here’s how the process works.
- Preparing the Tooth for a Crown – The first step in the procedure is to prepare the tooth. Dr. Daniel Araldi removes any decayed portions of the tooth and then shapes the tooth to hold the crown. Same day crowns do not require as much of the natural tooth to be removed. Dentists used to have to remove about 70% of the tooth’s structure for a traditional crown.
- Taking an Impression – Modern technology has made it so that dentists do not have to make an impression using a putty-like substance. Today, modern technology simplifies the process. A small camera is used to make a three-dimensional image of the tooth. This is much more comfortable and faster.
- Creating a Model of the Crown – Once the digital impression is completed, it is transferred to a computer. Dr. Araldi creates a model from the impression. It will look like natural teeth. He will then use a shade chart to make sure the crown is the right color. It should look natural and shouldn’t stand out from the rest of your teeth. Computer technology makes quick work of creating a model of the crown.
- Crown Fabrication – The CEREC crown procedure is all done in the office at Saratoga Dentistry. The milling machine creates the dental crown out of ceramic. It usually takes about 15 minutes for the machine to craft same day crowns. They are fast – but they are also accurate.
- Placement of the Crown – Once the milling machine has created the crown, Dr. Daniel Araldi will take it and polish it. It will be compared to your existing teeth to be sure that it matches. Then the fit will be checked before the crown is cemented in place using special dental cement. You’ll also be given clear aftercare instructions for caring for your teeth and crown.
- Bring a Book! – Same day crowns procedure doesn’t take too long, but you may have about 30 minutes or so of waiting while the model is created or when the crown is being fabricated. Bring a book or a digital device with you to help you pass the time.
Schedule Your Same Day Crown with Dr. Araldi
Being able to get same day crowns can save you a lot of time. If you are considering a crown, or think you may be a good candidate for same day crowns, schedule an appointment with Saratoga Dentistry. Dr. Araldi will be happy to answer your questions about the procedure and determine if you are a good candidate for the CEREC same day crowns.