Over the last few years, Invisalign has become the most common dental procedure used to straighten teeth. It is a non-invasive dental treatment, and it doesn’t involve any metal brackets. Invisalign helps improve your smile. What is Invisalign?
The Invisalign Process
Dr. Araldi often recommends Invisalign for patients whose smiles can be improved by straightening their teeth. After your initial consultation, Dr. Araldi will provide the dental lab with an impression of your teeth and your dental x-rays. Once this has been done, he can provide an estimate of how long you may need to wear the aligners to achieve the smile you want. Your aligners will be custom made based on the images and impressions taken of your teeth. They will fit your teeth perfectly, but they will be almost invisible.
Your aligners will need to be worn most of the day. However, they can be removed for eating and oral hygiene. As your teeth begin to move into proper alignment, you’ll progress through other aligners each designed to continue straightening your teeth.
What are the advantages of Invisalign?
Invisalign has quite a few benefits over traditional braces. Here are a few of the advantages you can enjoy on the way to getting your new smile.
- For most patients, Invisalign aligners are not as bulky as traditional braces. Since they are unnoticeable, they do not make you feel as self-conscious. The aligners are clear, so it is not as obvious that you are wearing them. They also fit snugly to the teeth, so they are not as noticeable.
- The clear aligners are more comfortable to wear than traditional braces. The aligners are smooth and don’t irritate the inside of your mouth like metal braces.
- Invisalign helps you get a new smile by being removable. This means you can continue to follow an oral care routine including brushing and flossing after meals. The Invisalign trays can also be washed. Being able to clean your teeth normally can make a huge difference to your smile especially after your teeth have been straightened.
- For most patients, aligners do not need to be worn as long as braces. Traditional braces are worn for about two years on average. Invisalign is usually worn for only nine to 15 months.
- If you are an athlete, aligners can be the better option. Since they are not made of metal, there is no danger of cutting your lips or cheek during activities. With braces, it’s impossible to wear a mouthguard to protect your teeth from injury. For those who wear aligners, they can be removed so a proper protective mouthpiece can be worn during rigorous sports or activities.
- There are no food restrictions when you wear aligners. There are many foods you cannot eat when you have traditional braces on. But aligners are removable so you can take them off to eat a crunchy apple or tackle corn on the cob.
- The aligners can be removed for about two hours each day. Dr. Araldi will explain exactly how long you need to wear the aligners each day to achieve the smile you want. But in general, they can be removed for oral hygiene and for special events.
Talk to Dr. Araldi Today
Invisalign can help you get the smile you’ve always wanted, and usually in less time than braces. Contact Saratoga Dentistry today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Araldi. Let us help you get a new smile!